1. Who wants to hear a funny story?
The plumber fixed the problem in.......... [are you ready for this?]...... 5 minutes.
Seriously.And then, because he was so incredibly nice, he temporarily fixed the stopper in another bathroom. Cost? A cup of tea.
So. I've found the greatest plumber in the entire world. Any time anything goes wrong... I will go to him and say screw it to the NHBC who take 4 months to do a 5 minute job. OR if I want to renovate any of the bathrooms. And he lives about an 8 minute drive from me. I'm in love!
2. I gave in and met Liam for lunch yesterday. I didn't want to, but I figured maybe he actually had something to say. My curiousity got the better of me.
And it was pointless and awkward. I didn't want to be there; he wants to be friends.I don't see how we can be friends. Not because I'm romantically interested in him - because honestly, I'm not anymore.
It would still be a 'secret friendship.' We couldn't hang out like normal friends. We could meet up after work/class/cadets or at lunch and it would be like a date. No matter what we do. Not because either of us are romantically interested, but because that's what it would be like. There would be no hanging out with friends or going over to each other's houses. I'm not allowed at his house and if he came all the way out to mine, it would be like another date.
I just don't see the point in being friends with someone I'm still "not allowed" to see, even as friends. Does that make sense? I don't feel remorse or anything, but for some reason I feel the need to explain myself....
I probably should to him, right?
3. I went with June and Susie and their family to the COOLEST thing ever last night:
We went to .... a private movie theatre. In someone's backyard. That seated 30 people. And was decorated to look just like a 1950's cinema. It was THE coolest thing I've done in the longest time. It was complete with velvet seats, a pullback curtain, 50's memorabilia all over, posters of old movies like 'Attack of the 50 Foot Woman' 'The Mummy' and just craziness!
And. AND. AND! We watched It's a Wonderful Life in full black and white amazingness! It was the absolute perfect perfect night! We shared some junk food and drank some mulled wine and just had a wonderfully Christmassy night!
4. I am able to reschedule my civil service test! Woohoo! But they're not able to tell me when, exactly. Here's hoping that they actually read my e-mail and won't schedule it before the 29th!
5. OMG I can't believe I didn't start with this! Lee was my secret santa and he got me the MOST PERFECT present ever! With very little help from Claire, too! He got me a red and orange scarf and mitten set. And they are perfect. The mittens are so, so warm! And they have pom-poms! I am so in love with them it isn't even funny! It's not even the fact that they're perfect is what makes me love them so much - it's because he knows me well enough to pick out something that I will actually love so much. I'm just well impressed, you know?
6. I am leaving for Sri Lanka tomorrow! Woohoo! I have been looking forward to this so, so much. The beginning of this week was an absolute nightmare with the waiting. But now that it's tomorrow I'm in a much better mood! I am not going to think of anything that isn't Sri Lanka related: mum and dad, Christmas, monkeys, the World Health Organisation, elephants, curry, cheap dvds, cheap clothes, food, swimming, sunbathing, hiking, United Nations, terrorism, Tamil Tigers, tuk-tuks, avoiding malaria [since I returned the tablets], trying not to get car sick on twisty roads, tea, exploring... you know, that kind of thing.